Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Well, shizz

Oh man, its been a long time. I've been dealing with a big change in my life. I left grad school. I knew grad school was going to be hard, but it was difficult in ways that I never expected. Sexism is still prevalent in science and its something that as a woman you constantly have to deal with. What I wasn't prepared for was being physically threatened, harassed, and stalked and the excuses the administration gave when I asked for help. I've learned a lot about how to handle myself and what I will never allow to happen to me again, but I won't lie, I'm a bit disillusioned with the human race which makes me sad. Good news, my adviser (not affiliated with the school) hired me so I'm staying in the science that I love. I'm working at a great place, with great people, doing great work, and hell, I have a Masters if the paperwork ever goes through. And I'm going to start blogging again!

I'm getting back to sewing, so without further ado...


No comments:

Post a Comment