Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Simplicity Patterns: Fall 2012

Simplicity is rolling out patterns like they are going out of style! Hmmm, maybe they are...

Let's start with the good.


Those pants are perfection. Perfection pants. The skirt looks quite nice too, harder to tell from a painting. Love a long sleeved shirt and this looks so wearable and wonderful. Cynthia Rowley makes the most interesting, trendy, yet classic patterns and was Simplicity's best decision. Never let this one go Simplicity!!!!!!

Well that was it for the good. Let's go to the eh, ok.


Bit boring. I like the rounded square neckline, hate an exposed zipper, unsure about those front pockets, they look very infantile. The fit on the models doesn't even look good. A usable starting point for something more interesting if you're up to it.


I'm not one for vintage pattern, but this one isn't bad. Still not for me, but its sweet. I like how the model is in the same pose for each picture, its all she's got. Like the higher necked version.


As I've said, I'm a sucker for a good bow-necked top. This one's ok, bow's a little weak, but I like how its buttoned!

And the bad....


The 'design' here is that there is ripply, rumply stuff going on your belly. Honestly, I spent 1 hour jumping and squatting around on Tuesday and can't really move my legs, abs, arm, or back in order to remove and keep away all ripply, rumply stuff on my belly. Why, just why?


That's some 80's red suit jacket there. Needs shoulder pads. Like three of them.


I think Gwyneth Paltrow wore that top shrug in Emma. A movie from 1996 if you have no idea what I'm talking about. That bottom one...howdy Holly Hobby!


The ubiquitous two rectangle skirt that every pattern company comes out with every season. This one has a slit! Everyone, together now, "OOOOOOOOOOHHHH"


Sexy sexy librarian wear. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.


 I LOVE THESE PANTS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment