Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pattern Review: Simplicity 2584

A couple minutes after yesterday's thunderstorm.

So I have a bunch of fabric, none of which really excites me anymore. I really like the cover of Simplicity 2584, but I don't like clothes made out of stiff woven cotton and even though I knew this was going to end badly, I just went ahead and did it. So I present Simplicity 2584 in a cotton poplin. Yea.

It looks like scrubs.
It sits really very high and very far from the back of my neck.
Invisible zipper on a casual shirt? Bleh.
I was going to add the gimmicky front do-dad from the cover of the pattern but for the life of me, couldn't get it to lay flat and centered so I threw it away in disgust. I also raised the slit by 3 or so inches because, whoa, dude, that was loooow. All the facings turned out really well so it isn't a bad pattern. Everyone else seems to love it and they look great in it. I think this would be really great in a stable knit with no dumb zipper so maybe I'll just think of this as a muslin and just consider it a win.

Otherwise its already being used for a good cause.
Hey Foliage, I'm probably not going to wear that so you might as make yourself more comfortable. 
There you go.



1 comment:

  1. Hi! If you still have this pattern would you consider selling it to me? I can't find it anywhere -
    chelsey.brennan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete