Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Vogue Patterns: Summer 2012

The new Vogue's are here! Now I have more patterns than I will be able to make in a lifetime, but I'm a greedy greedy sewist and want more.You know SABLE (stash accumulation beyond life expectancy)? I suffer from PABLE.

Let's start with the good.


Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!!! Will I wear this full outfit? No, no, a thousand times no. Not because I don't think its chic as hell, I just don't have anything to wear it to. The cut of the top is gorgeous and its BIAS cut! So is the skirt. I need a chic as hell event.
Side note: This is a pretty close rip-off of the style of a Jill Sander design by the future head of Christian Dior, Raf Simons. 
Wanna look like Bosworth or the supreme dresser Tilda Swinton? Now you can! 1310 is easily my favorite look of this release even if I only use it for the supremely simple and perfect top.


Color blocked, neon, AND different cuts for bust size?! Those sleeves look a little low, but that can be fixed and you have to make sure that its got some nip at the waist, but I love this one too. Totally on trend, but they are trends that have been out there for a while so sew quick, before they're gone! Unless you don't care about trends and just like it, then sew at your leisure and enjoy it for years. Its probably the better path anyway. Also, think about the use of lace or mesh for the top block. I am.

Bias cut and drop waist. Different bust sizes again? I love me a drop waist, the 20's had some fan-freakin-tabulous fashions. Different neckline and back variations, but I like this one best. Too bad I have nowhere to wear this to. Ahhhhhh..........
First let's get something out of the way. 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. WHY IS VOGUE TRYING TO SELL A CHANEL KNOCKOFF PATTERN USING MATCHING ITALIAN VESPA ACCESSORIES??!?!?! WHY THE BLUE AND RED AND WHY DOES IT APPEAR SHE'S WEAR A FULL BODY BLACK LEOTARD??!??!?! AND IF SHE REALLY WAS WEARING THAT HELMET, WHY DOES SHE HAVE WIND TUNNEL HAIR?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Good? Ok.
Hey, its another Chanel jacket. Someday I plan to make one. This is another option.



Plain top, might have some nice lines and panels. The option of a sheer back panel is interesting. Probably never going to worry myself with this one.

Also great for stepping up huge imaginary stairs.




Peplum is a another big trend that's coming up and this might be a flattering version of it. Good 'cake' pattern.
Now onto the ok patterns. Comme ci, comme ca.

There's something going on on the front but its not clear in the line drawing or on the model due to the pattern. Vogue makes bad designs with their samples, at least their modeling is a little better this time around. Square necklines look like bibs to me. Back's ok.


Straight posing and a solid color. Hey, I can understand this pattern! Love a good ruffle, don't love a shapeless fit. We'll see.


I dare you to draw the lines of this without cheating. Typical Vogue pattern.


Someone catch her!!! Typical Vogue pattern.


Well that's a little different. Kinda like it, kinda wildly unflattering. Maybe if you couldn't see the center seam running down her body?

An assortment of t-shirts. Everyone needs t-shirts. Not sure how flattering though. This one looks like the model accidentally go the fabric stuck underneath her boobs. Embarassing!

Jumpsuits. If they look good on your, then more power to you babe. At least its not strapless.

Ah, sporty and cute. Anything with a high neck like that now reminds me of Alexander McQueen.

 If you want to make a casual McQueen, this might be your ticket!

Finally, things I think are particularly hideous/hilarious.


I though we were over this style. Its not flattering. It makes your boobs look like a frown. Boobs should smile!


Burqa sundress. Check out the line drawing for this, hilarious and horrifying. 


Tiffany, can I call you Tiffany? What are you doing with your hand? Also your dress is crazy unflattering and you have diaper-butt.





A hooded maxidress with a front zip!?! I was just saying that I needed one of these.


Quack. Enough said.
Ok, maybe I should explain myself. The back of that skirt looks butt feathers on a duck. She looks like a duck.


Dance to the music in your head, girlfriend!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.
HAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHA.



Why is this reaching towards me? No, go away spectral demon, I will never wear you!


Speechless.

Let's end with something chic as hell.

 Ah, that's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment