Sunday, April 1, 2012

Project Update: Hot Pattern Biker Babe Jacket

Got the muslin together for the jacket that will make everything better.

Here's the pattern to remind you!
Biker Babe Jacket






Since Hot Patterns are A.L.W.A.Y.S. too big, I was surprised that the jacket kinda fit. I've got the jacket 'zipped' here and the bust is a good fit, but then it flares out and no longer fits.

BTW, I HATE attaching sleeves. It's my least favorite sewing thing to do, that's why it sucks here, cause I DIDN'T CARE!
*evil laugh*


Extra fabric! I think I'll take off about 3-4"


Looks cute 'unzipped'!


Now let's talk about the length. I didn't add the bottom facing, didn't need any more cutting. There's a lot of pieces here! The facing adds about 1.5 inches to the bottom of the jacket so its still pretty darned short and I want to cover my belly! I'm going to add 2 inches to all the body pieces and then work from there. I'm also adding about 1.5 inches to the sleeves. I like long sleeves.

Finally, one thing to note when making muslins. If you accidentally sew back to front, it doesn't matter.

I need to paint that wall.

Previous post

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's going to be so pretty. You should stick with your plan, a little longer, a little thinner. Looks good coming and going, zipped, and not! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete